AdsTab.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just an idea

5 posters

Go down

just an idea Empty just an idea

Post  jlsolbrich Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:57 am

I know that admin came up with an idea of selling the ads package to us with a very good offer. Some of us are interested to do so but still have not enough resources to do it at the moment . Now i came up with an idea.

I saw that some PTC sell ticket to members and the prize would be a few more referals under the proclaimed winners, that is where i go the idea from ......

sell a ticket for a reasonable price let us say $1.00 and for those members who joined the prize would be an adertisement package of 1000 visitors ! This way we are helping admin sell the ads and those who are interested to have some ads but dont have too much money to do so.

We dont need to pay outright if we want to get a ticket to join the said raffle , Admin can mabye add an option to convert earnings to a number of tickets so we dont have to go through sending money.

In order to make sure that there will be no more people throwing at some nasty accusations of just making money here for every raffle to be done only maximum of 25 tickets will be sold
( just enough money to pay for the 25.00 cost of 1000 ads ) If admin can somehow show how many more tickets are avaiable to buy , just like the one we see when we get sets of referal pack, then that would be great. so that people can still see if the slots of 25 tickets are already gone or not.

This is just a thought that came into me this morning when i was in the garden drinking my coffee and while i was watching my kid play with some raffle ticket ...

Please feel free to share your thoughts about it. I myself will buy a ticket soon as possible !

P.S. admin also offered us a 50 percent more if we buy some ads, maybe he can also implement the same things to the prizes ? so instead of just winning 1000 ads we get 500 more and have 1500 ads for the price of 1 dollar ---that is for the lucky winner of course !

keep on rocking and clicking !

jlsolbrich

Number of posts : 44
AdsTab Username : jlsolbrich
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

just an idea Empty Re: just an idea

Post  Admin Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:48 am

i read it twice and still don't get it haha, i'm just to tired, doing new design (with additional script recoding) last 5 hours... Shocked
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 401
AdsTab Username : Admin
Registration date : 2008-03-12

http://www.adstab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:51 am

ok i got it third time cheers And how would we draw the winner??
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  changa60 Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:56 am

I'm the winner.lol
changa60
changa60

Number of posts : 78
AdsTab Username : changa60
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:58 am

shush you already winning plenty bom
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jlsolbrich Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:26 am

Admin wrote:ok i got it third time cheers And how would we draw the winner??

...that is one thing we need to really think , i tried to think a way but still cant come up with an idea

jlsolbrich

Back to top Go down

Post  aimeef25 Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:40 am

So if I understand correctly the suggestion is that Admin implements a raffle and you can either purchase ticket(s) for $1.00 or convert adstab earnings. the winner or winners of said raffle would win advertising credits or referrals? well my suggestion is that you could number tickets and somehow program a script that would randomly choose a winner.

aimeef25

Number of posts : 11
AdsTab Username : aimeef25
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post  shalumalaka Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:24 pm

Great idea jlsolbrich. We need to think of a good way to select a winner. A random number-picking script is a good idea aimeef25 but I bet there'll be some members saying the winner was fixed. There's always a negative-minded person. But if no-one can think of a better alternative then the random number script is the best idea. GetRef has this raffle ticket thing. I wonder how they select their winners. Rolling Eyes
shalumalaka
shalumalaka

Number of posts : 303
AdsTab Username : shalumalaka

http://www.yuwie.com/clubs/club.asp?id=8877

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:23 am

i konw how i can do it (many ways) but i asked to have your opinion and get negative-minded persons of my back, i wouldn't like to be accused of cheating or fixing winner...
So let's vote or suggest more options.

Beside random choosing, another option is that buyer of last raffle automatically draw random winner. How about that? (that's little funny too, but just thought). It could slow down selling if everybody would like to be last buyer Very Happy
Or suggest more options...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jlsolbrich Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:31 am

well after sometime of thinking, i already came up of a way for us to find out HOW TO DRAW the winner for the raffle. if we are going to do it.

Everytime you go to the main window, what we can see is a counter for the number of cureent members and the numbers of momembers online right ? Why dont we use the number of members to determine the winner for the raffle ? I know your questions would be A HUGE HOLY HOW ?????

As i mentioned earlier, i am suggesting that there will only be 25 tickets to be sold at $1.00 each for every raffle. Now once a member purchase a ticket, a raffle ticket will be assgned to her. If she was the 4th buyer that time then she will get the NUMBERS that are assigned for her 04--29--54--79.

i had made the distribution of numbers as follows

01--26--51--76
02--27--52--77
03--28--53--78
04--29--54--79
05--30--55--80
06--31--56--81
07--32--57--82
08--33--58--83
09--34--59--84
10--35--60--85
11--36--61--86
12--37--62--87
13--38--63--88
14--39--64--89
15--40--65--90
16--41--66--91
17--42--67--92
18--43--68--93
19--44--69--94
20--45--70--95
21--46--71--96
22--47--72--97
23--48--73--98
24--49--74--99
25--50--75--00

to explain it further, let us say that we sell the tickets starting at monday at 12 noon GMT and then the raffle draw is every SUNDAY at 12 noon GMT (or any time suitable for everybody and for the admin) now as soon as the clock turns 12 noon the LAST TWO DIGITS of the counter for the nuimber of members tell us the winner of the said raffle.

Let us say the number of members on friday at 12 noon GMT time was 4832...so we are going to use the last two numbers 32----and the winner would be the 7th buyer !!!!

another example

number of members on friday at 12 noon GMT is 4900 so the last two digits were 00 ---that belongs to the 25th buyer.

I hope that i was able to explain it in a simple way, if you have more questions please feel free to ask me.

AS for now, that is only way i can think of as to how to make the raffle that will not be biased to any of us. if you got more suggestions then please write them down

jlsolbrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:52 am

the number of members change frequently UP and DOWN too. When they join in and activate account it's +1 if someone of them cheat and get deleted it's -1 so it would be hell of the hard job for me to do such programing of the script, plus the NOON time is beat tricky because it would counting noon time on my server, not by my clock, plus there is huge time difference for many countries where our members coming from. This should be easy to implement but it's hard to keep off bad accusations. So suggest more. This sound good idea, we just need to agree "how to"...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down