AdsTab.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nugget and mamo - banned

+4
Michelle77usa
shalumalaka
maverick
Admin
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

nugget and mamo - banned Empty nugget and mamo - banned

Post  Admin Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:52 am

both premium members! shame!

nugget and mamo - banned Double
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 401
AdsTab Username : Admin
Registration date : 2008-03-12

http://www.adstab.com

Back to top Go down

nugget and mamo - banned Empty Re: nugget and mamo - banned

Post  maverick Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:37 pm

If I may explain, that a different IP addres but in a Local Area Network. Am I wrong???

maverick

Number of posts : 15
AdsTab Username : maverick
Registration date : 2008-04-16

http://sapiclix.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  shalumalaka Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:36 pm

I've noticed that it's the first two sets of numbers which determine if the IP address is from the same source.

For instance when I check up my IP address it sometimes comes up as
But other times it comes up as

Those IPs first two sets of numbers are also identical.

I could be wrong so waiting for Admin's word on this......
shalumalaka
shalumalaka

Number of posts : 303
AdsTab Username : shalumalaka

http://www.yuwie.com/clubs/club.asp?id=8877

Back to top Go down

nugget and mamo - banned Empty Maverick you are correct

Post  Michelle77usa Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:58 pm

My husband and I both have computers. We use just one cable modem to connect but we have a router that we connect each computer to. So our static ip is the same exact one, however our local ip adresses inside the network are different only by the last few numbers.

This is a big problem for us as he wants to join the ptc's as well but because our static ip is the same he can't the software blocks it even though our local ip addresses are different.

There are several ptc sites that allow more than one account per household as long as each person has their own computer, email, and pay proccessor addresses. But they all go by the main ip when they should be going by the local ip addresses. Sad

If someone paid to upgrade it wouldn't make sense for them to pay for 2 accounts just for one person as they can build way more into just one account than they can two. It is of no benefit to have 2 accounts because it costs you twice as much.. you have to pay 2 times to upgrade, work 2 times the amount you would with only 1.

I have a feeling these members that just got banned live in the same house but have 2 computers like my husband and I. If that is the case they should not be banned because TOS says

4) You may refer other people in your household but only ONE member PER computer (IP).

If the first several numbers are the same but only the last 3 different then they are two different computers and the ip is different so I think they should not be banned but it is completely up to the admin.

Michelle77usa

Number of posts : 26
AdsTab Username : Michelle77usa
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

nugget and mamo - banned Empty Solution?

Post  Michelle77usa Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:02 pm

If I may offer this as a possible solution?

Why not allow members of the same household to join BUT,....

For example if my husband wanted to join he can not be MY referral, he would have to join either under someone else, or from the main domain adstab.com?

I think that would be a good option for people wanting to work together.

Many people have room mates, or live with family like we share our house with my mother.

This way neither member could benefit from the actions of the other member.
Question

Michelle77usa

Back to top Go down

Post  shalumalaka Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:23 pm

Great suggestion Shell. Let's see what Abid says. It sounds like a plan.

Currently, the people who have been banned were signing their friends up as their referrals on the same computer or IP address. And others were signing up under their main AdsTab account with additional accounts on the same computer. Same thing hehe.

But that's a brilliant suggestion. Two or more completely separate accounts with no relation to one another.

The only problem I can see is that it will increase the pairs or groups of accounts with similar IPs and will take a longer time for Admin to check to see which the genuine ones are.
shalumalaka
shalumalaka

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle77usa Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:27 pm

True my friend "The only problem I can see is that it will increase the pairs or groups of accounts with similar IPs and will take a longer time for Admin to check to see which the genuine ones are."

Hmmmm,.. how can we help ease the work load on admin?

Michelle77usa

Back to top Go down

Post  shalumalaka Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:33 pm

Someone else (maverick) suggested the complete opposite; of limiting one AdsTab sign-up per IP address, which could also be perceived as a good idea.

Let's just wait and see what Admin thinks is more practical.... study
shalumalaka
shalumalaka

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle77usa Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:44 pm

Exactly that is what I am saying too. Notice in the screen shot above the last 3 numbers of each ip are different,

What this means is there are two computers in the same house.

These are their local ip adresses ( inside the network )
Their main ip address will be exactly the same for both as it is the main connection to the internet.

but their local ip's like the above example are different. So if they both have different ip addresses, and email addresses, and different alertpay adresses.... I don't see why it should be a problem as long as like I said they are not referrals of each other. They'd have to be two totally separate accounts.

Also each person needs to be sure to use THEIR OWN computer and not the other one.

My husbands local ip address is different than mine, and so is my moms, but we all share the main ip.

I hope this helps ?

Michelle77usa

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:11 am

Yup, Michelle77usa
That is different IP...
I don't understand what Admin thinking about the same of that IP...
I agree with you, some house/office/environtment has 1 public IP address, cause they just have 1 connection to internet and share or sell it to some people.

Admin, please explain about your decision.
My account is ready to delete again for twice. But after this, you will fairly about this PTC. Twisted Evil

Thanks.

maverick

Back to top Go down

Post  shalumalaka Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:46 am

maverick wrote:Yup, Michelle77usa
That is different IP...
I don't understand what Admin thinking about the same of that IP...
I agree with you, some house/office/environtment has 1 public IP address, cause they just have 1 connection to internet and share or sell it to some people.

Admin, please explain about your decision.
My account is ready to delete again for twice. But after this, you will fairly about this PTC. Twisted Evil

Thanks.
maverick, notice in the screen shot above that nugget referred mamo on the same main static IP address. That is a definite TOS violation. So mamo will be earning for both him/herself as well as for nugget; and nugget too will be earning for him/herself. That is CHEATING!!!

They deserve to be banned.

What Michelle77usa is saying is for household members who have their own different computers but share the same ISP to be able to create separate accounts independent of one another (or having no connection to another AdsTab account on that IP address). Which could be a great idea but could make sorting the cheaters from the honest ones a lot more complicated.
shalumalaka
shalumalaka

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:56 am

Not like that, in my opinion...
At FAQ, more one account per holdhouse is accepted, more one account is accepted too for scholl or environment that always get a different IP address when connect.

Sorry, that just my dump opinion...

maverick

Back to top Go down

Post  jlsolbrich Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:48 am

Well i was just too busy the last few days that i missed the things that happened when i was away.

Well with regards to the issue that Bibba used the SAME COMPITER with the same IP ADDRESS is very clear that it was a violation of the TOS.

But now i am starting to get a little confuse about IP address and people with more than 2 computers at home both with internet connection.

As far as i understood it, we can refer people from our house as long as they have their own computer where they EXCLUSIVLY log in and click the ads. Knowing that this was okay, I had introduced my brother ( who lives with us ) to adstab. He signed in and log in to adstab from his own laptop. My computer and his laptop shares ONLY DSL connection. Everytime i go to adstab website i dont need to sign in since my username is automatically signed in and i had concluded that i am the ONLY one who can access adstab from my COMPUTER and i assumed the same for my brother.

Now, i am a little worried if it was a violation of the TOS to have my brother who is from the same roof to joined as well even if he uses his own laptop ?

Hope admin can give us some more explanation to this one .

jlsolbrich

Number of posts : 44
AdsTab Username : jlsolbrich
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  ljmmistr Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:34 am

I am starting afraid No Neutral
I am on school hostel(600-800 people) and we have the same IP address (195.113.181.200) of course we have private ip addresses and we are under a few routers...
If someone from school hostel register to the adstab too, they have same IP adress like me Sad...
My school have IP address 195.113.181.200 too!

ljmmistr

Number of posts : 8
AdsTab Username : ljmmistr

Back to top Go down

Post  jlsolbrich Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:45 am

well i guess we dont need to be afraid. Let us wait as to what admin will tell us about the IP address issue. He knows better and i am pretty sure he is doing his best to resolve and address all of our concern about this matter. As you already saw, there are post from other people about this , so it is not only you who is hanging at the moment .

Let us hope all things would turn out good for all of us .

jlsolbrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle77usa Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:14 pm

Like I said before I think in Bibba's case the correct action was taken. I think the solution for Maverick and the other would be to have the other guy delete his account and create a new one from adstab.com main site or sign up under someone else that is not in the same household. But that is totally up to Admin.

I told my husband not to sign up because I don't want to risk losing my account.

From now on what I am going to do is have my husband join any new good sites I come across and work those, and I will work the ones I am on now. That seems to be the only solution in order to ensure my account stays active.

Michelle77usa

Back to top Go down

Post  kaju Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:37 am

i had referred my sister to adstab who has her own computer. but even then i made sure we reset the modem when she wanted to click so we wont have same ip and it wont seem like we're cheaters. but right now when i try to log in it says "login incorrect" i dont know what hers says cuz she's out of town. but i worry that my account got deleted?

kaju

Number of posts : 6
AdsTab Username : registration
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Adstaber Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:50 pm

so whats the say of admin about this? ?
study
Adstaber
Adstaber

Number of posts : 128
AdsTab Username : success4you

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle77usa Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:07 pm

I think Admin is busy I'm sure he'll get to us when he has time want to play some basket ball while we wait? Basketball

Michelle77usa

Back to top Go down

Post  Adstaber Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:39 pm

Michelle77usa wrote:I think Admin is busy I'm sure he'll get to us when he has time want to play some basket ball while we wait? Basketball

sure Basketball
Adstaber
Adstaber

Number of posts : 128
AdsTab Username : success4you

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle77usa Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:06 pm

Watch out I'm stealing your ball! Basketball look hahah here I go bounce

Michelle77usa

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle77usa Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:27 pm

Well after seeing all the posts and garbage the Admin has to go through with " Oh I didn't do it I swear " I must say I feel for Admin and I think only one account per household per ip address! There are just too many cheaters and it's not fair to those of us that play by the rules!

My ball has bounced away did anyone happen to find it? Sad

Basketball

Michelle77usa

Back to top Go down

Post  jlsolbrich Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:22 pm

Michelle77usa wrote:Well after seeing all the posts and garbage the Admin has to go through with " Oh I didn't do it I swear " I must say I feel for Admin and I think only one account per household per ip address! There are just too many cheaters and it's not fair to those of us that play by the rules!

My ball has bounced away did anyone happen to find it? Sad

Basketball

i guess a ONE ACCOUNT per HOUSEHOLD would have been better said than a ONE MEMBER per COMPUTER.

The thing that happened to bibba and the other two on these posts actually made me ask around about the "real score ". I asked my brother in law who is a computer engineer to take a look about what admin posted, He saw bibba´s case and he said that this logged in from the ONE AND THE SAME COMPUTER. And for the case of naggets and nanno, he said that their IP address are different from each other, each had used a separate thus giving each other different but mostly identical except for the two or last digit of the
IP address.

Of course i do believe what my brother in law said, but i needed a second opinion and called the tech people from my internet provider. He said that nanno and nugget has a router gives them 2-4 different but quite identical IP address sometimes the last two digits, but this small difference what makes the IP address different from each other.

If the admin decided to change the TOS i guess it would be clearly state that ONLY ONE account PER HOUSEHOLD per IP.

jlsolbrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:03 am

ONLY ONE account PER HOUSEHOLD per IP.
I agree and it will be changed. But this about IP addresses... It's tricky for everyone, even i sometime loose 2 hours for single account to make sure i'm right. Variability of IP addresses are different in many countries. Perhaps i have same ISP last 5 years, but i appear with more then 10 different IP addresses, while some ISP in some countries have very few. And wen you mention those banned members, i don't make my decisions only on IP addresses, but who is whose referral, who registered from one ISP and do clicks from another, who doing manual clicks and who use any kind of softwares or websites to gain few cents.... and many other things....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 401
AdsTab Username : Admin

http://www.adstab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jlsolbrich Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:20 am

Admin wrote:
ONLY ONE account PER HOUSEHOLD per IP.
I agree and it will be changed. But this about IP addresses... It's tricky for everyone, even i sometime loose 2 hours for single account to make sure i'm right. Variability of IP addresses are different in many countries. Perhaps i have same ISP last 5 years, but i appear with more then 10 different IP addresses, while some ISP in some countries have very few. And wen you mention those banned members, i don't make my decisions only on IP addresses, but who is whose referral, who registered from one ISP and do clicks from another, who doing manual clicks and who use any kind of softwares or websites to gain few cents.... and many other things....

i totally agree with you and you seem to have a lot of work on your hands at the moment . I wish that all of adstab members can at least have more patience and see the fact that you have most of the job all to yourself . I know it is not easy for you to decide soon for you need to check facts to come up with a reasonable and logical decision.

Whatever it is worth, i just would like to say that YOU ARE DOING THE BEST THING AN ADMIN CAN DO and most of members are here to support you and help you keep Adstab running and taking it´s positin to the top --slowly but surely ...

Keep up the good work admin !

jlsolbrich

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: